Chris Blog #7 Studio Balcones 5/18/21


 Hey guys,


These blogs get more and more depressing when I realize that we don't have that much longer in our internships. I am having a wonderful time here and work is getting better and better. Since we lost one of the team mates we have picked up a new hire. Her name is Kat and she is a grad student from Texas A&M. She's super nice and brings a lot to the table. It's also pretty nice not being the new person anymore. Since Kat was hired we recently found out that we are losing another team member. Melina is taking another job so we are going back to square 1. I think we might be looking for another hire but haven't found one just yet. So with all that being said, we are yet again about to have another large load of work now that she will be gone. Honestly, I like it when it is super busy because the days go by super quick. I have recently been shuffling through working on a couple residential projects as well as some commercial. I just recently had my first permitting assignment and it was roughhhh. I know I will eventually but I hope I never have to do permitting for long term because it sucks. Among those things, I have been updating the website. I am proud to say that after 4 months of working here, I was finally put on the website. I also updated our main group picture and it feels nice to be a part of the gang. Throughout the week movie producers have been using the building we are in to shoot the new reboot movie Walker Texas Ranger so things have been super interesting around here. So all in all, right now is going good with work and everything else. I miss you guys but am not looking forward to going back to class. I hope everyone is doing well.


Best,

Chris









Comments

  1. I feel you on the permit stuff. I absolutely dread working on it. Also, all those flowers are awesome!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Justin Malcore | Reich Associates | 04

Austin Carbo - Design Workshop - Blog #7

Kaylin Wilson’s Viewport - First Week