Austin Carbo - Design Workshop - Blog #7

Happy May y'all! Not too much has changed since my last post, but there are a few interesting things. 

Work: 

The project Bosshard Ranch is still on hold by the client, so nothing new to report there. My main focus has been on the Bear Island project. I finished up the site analysis and now I am working on the illustrative plans for the project. We haven't finalized a design yet, but since Mike thinks this will be a project to submit for an ASLA award I just finished making an illustrative plan for the existing conditions. I haven't done a full illustrative plan at DW up until now so this has been a great learning experience. 

I recently got put on a new project for 3 Creek Ranch Clubhouse. It is a country club out in Jackson, WY. That makes it now my third project out in the area. We are once again working with Prospect architects to redo a part of the clubhouse and pool area. Basically all I have done up until this point is create the CAD base for the project. Hopefully next post I will have more to report. I also got thrown into helping on some details, sketch up, and lumion work for another residential project. 

Still no update on the 915 S Mill Street project, but hopefully that will be going into construction soon.

Leisure: 

After a busy two weekends, I decided to make these past two weekends a little more relaxing. Ashton, Emily and I went on a walk on the rio grande trail two weekends ago. We made friends with some of the animals along the way. The Rio Grande Trail is 42 miles in total and runs from Glenwood springs to Aspen. I just purchased a new bike, so planning on biking the entire trail soon. I am still waiting on the bike shop to tell me its ready, so hopefully next time I'll get to tell you about some trails I've hit. 

Side Note: 

I just moved into a new place! I moved into a cottage about 20 mins from the office in Snowmass. It's super cute and has a lot of character, although its very tiny haha. I've only been there three days, but i really like the location. It has direct access to the river which is awesome. There is a hammock, fire pits, grills, and disc golf down by the river. Maybe at some point I'll take a stab at fly fishing since they have everything I would need. I'll keep y'all updated on that lol. Also, the older lady who owns the place has so many plants, which is an added bonus. I've included a few pics of the place but I'll be sure to post more soon.






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Justin Malcore | Reich Associates | 04

Kaylin Wilson’s Viewport - First Week