Ashton #6

 Hello my fellow nature lovers,

It is finally May and I am finally getting to see spring in the valley! I am very excited about this and ready to see some lush vegetation now that all the snow has melted. I have been exploring a lot around my little home and there are so many hikes I want to check out. Emily recently moved in with me and now we're a little family of three (me, tsuki and em). It's nice to have someone around so I'm not so lonely. We went on a bike ride the other day and found this beautiful crabapple tree that Emily almost fell out of. Other than that, my cousins and sister are coming to visit me this week. I am so excited to show them around and get some time off of work. We plan ongoing to the hot springs, horseback riding, and plenty of hikes. I'm sad that I only have three months left here, I don't think I ever want to leave.

The past two weeks I feel like I have learned a lot and gotten more responsibilities from my project managers. They have also recognized me as a 'rockstar' for the past few weeks, which is a great feeling. I am working on some new projects and some old ones. I started a new one, 720 Rose Spur, it's a residential project that I am really excited about because I was brought on at the very beginning and was asked to come up with my design for the site. They actually ended up using some of the elements I added. I also was asked to take a stab at grading the site (which I was not comfortable with) but I ended up doing a good job. Trust in your instincts and what you remember from Marks classes, haha. There are definitely some slow days here but my favorite part of working here is all of the resources to learn from and how nice all of my bosses are when I ask a thousand questions a day. 

Side note: Sarah graduates from college Friday!! :) And I can't wait to see everyone.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Justin Malcore | Reich Associates | 04

Austin Carbo - Design Workshop - Blog #7

Kaylin Wilson’s Viewport - First Week