Internship Blog Post #5 | Keeley McCutcheon | Page Duke Landscape Architects

Hey y'all! I hope everyone is doing well! The last week I have been very busy at the office working on drawing construction details for gates, mailboxes, a utility enclosures. I also got the opportunity to visit one of the firms older projects that is about to get some new additions and take pictures and measure some stuff. It was really awesome to get to see a project that has been finished and see plantings that have gotten to mature and really fill the space. 

Over the past week we also had one of our bi-monthly office "Learn and Lunches" where we focused on talking about storm water. We were joined by one of the civil engineers the firm works with on a lot of different projects. During this lunch I was able to learn a lot about the storm water codes in the Nashville Metro area, and about the drastic changes in policy the area went through after the major flood event Nashville had in 2010. I remember when this flood happened, I was in 5th grade, and it was very interesting to hear about the flood now that I'm older and understand the measures that can be put in place to help prevent another disastrous flood event in Nashville.

Overall, I am doing really well and am enjoying my internship. I am looking forward to getting to visit more sites in the next few weeks and continuing to grow and learn new skills! I hope everyone else is enjoying there internships and growing all their skillsets. I look forward to seeing you all in the fall!

- Keeley


The site I visited last week!

The Boxwood Project by Page Duke Landscape Architects


 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Justin Malcore | Reich Associates | 04

Austin Carbo - Design Workshop - Blog #7

Kaylin Wilson’s Viewport - First Week