Connor Burgess : Ryan Cole Landscape #6

 Goodmorning Everyone, 

    Hope everyone had a great day yesterday ;). It seems as though our time on internships is coming to an end. Somewhat happy since in a month I would have been here a year! I have really caught my stride as of recent and Ryan even let me take the reigns on a small planting project for a client. I have come such a long way and wanting to learn how to do good planting plans has been my main motivation for working for Ryan. I finally feel I have a well rounded head-start on planting plans especially when it comes to a Louisiana Landscape.

Our client wanted evergreen, topiary landscaping that required little to no maintenance. After seeing some of the precedents they showed us I started putting shapes together to get an idea of the way the plants can interact with the form of the house.


After just doing this quick sketch they were able to give me feedback which was mostly really good. I had originally had the needlepoint as Japanese yew but thought it would outgrow the space and be too much maintenance. The project would be phased starting with the front planting first, They also wanted a fountain in the front. I am super excited to see my first project come to life this summer.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Justin Malcore | Reich Associates | 04

Austin Carbo - Design Workshop - Blog #7

Kaylin Wilson’s Viewport - First Week