Chad Wilkins DBA #6

 Polly Project

The other day Dana asked me to set up some base maps for a new project. No big deal, I knock it out and tell her it's ready. She then tells me to contact the client's contractor to set up an appointment for a site visit, apparently, they work with this group frequently. She introduces me via email and we discuss some times we can meet. I'm checking Dana's calendar and I message her and she tells me she's not going, you can take care of it. So it looks like I've got my first project all to myself. 

I met with the contractor who introduced me to the client, we discussed what she wants to do. She is looking to reclaim the right away on the three city blocks she owns around her bar (which I have spent numerous evenings enjoying whiskey and food), rental properties, and home compound in the center.  She wants to remove most, if not all of the concrete sidewalks and replace them with permeable pavers, and install rain gardens along the buildings and the edge of the roads. Apparently, the contractor and the owner thought enough of our meeting that they complimented me to Dana who then passed that along to me in the staff meeting Monday, so that was nice. Anyways, so now I'm responsible for a project spanning three city blocks, but I don't think this will get wrapped up before I'm done working in the next 5 weeks. 

In other news, I got a real desk last week and got moved out of the supply closet. With Gaylan leaving that opened up some space in the main office. When we go back to the office next Monday I'll have to share space with other people for the first time since we were in classes together. Not sure I'm ready for that. C'est la vie.

Comments

  1. ayyy!!! thats awesome chad. Of course you're up for the job. Congrats

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Justin Malcore | Reich Associates | 04

Austin Carbo - Design Workshop - Blog #7

Kaylin Wilson’s Viewport - First Week