Cana Boudreaux/Design Workshop/6

 Hello everyone,


    Work has amped up again lately for these past couple of days has I've been transitioning from sketches to AutoCAD for a couple of weeks now. My team are finally in the stage of ironing out and refining our concept sketches for Firestone Central park in more detail, which is exciting. Our client has really enjoyed the fact that we've been working on advancing these concepts further along more than usual. This time around, I created 4 sections using AutoCAD that I'm looking forward to render sometime soon. For Alamo Square Park, we are pushing towards finishing up our 30% CD documents by the end of this month. I've worked on the existing conditions plan, site demolition plan, and the site materials plan. Last but not least, the Boulder Parks and Rec Master Plan workload has picked up a little as I'm now contacting different key benchmarking cities to retrieve accurate data. My team and I are trying to gather different statistics regarding park facility inventory and urban parkland acres. I'll soon contact the respective parks and rec departments for different cities. I hope they respond via email because I can't stand talking on the phone when I have so much to say. That's why I began to give myself a script to follow whenever I'm calling a department for any information.


    Outside of work, nothing has dramatically happened other than the fact that we're still getting snow. On my walk outside, snow was getting heavy all of a sudden and I was confused as to why snow was still occurring in April. Me and all my fellow officemates were all disgruntled at the fact that snow was coming again after we had glorious days of sunshine. During those days of sunshine, the dry air is very noticeable and can be a little irritating, especially when the wind suddenly picks up to at least 40MPH out of nowhere. I still won't forget the fact that I was caught up in a sudden windstorm when I was trying to bring pizza back to the hotel. Ever since then, I've been more cautious walking outside.


I hope everybody is doing well, I look forward to seeing you all again.

-Cana Boudreaux



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Justin Malcore | Reich Associates | 04

Austin Carbo - Design Workshop - Blog #7

Kaylin Wilson’s Viewport - First Week