Blog #5

Hello!!

I am going home this week for a family wedding in Shreveport. I'm excited to see everyone, but mostly I am pumped to get some food! I have a plan mapped out in my head, I will get Popeyes as soon as I land, followed by panda express, and then crawfish and I will end the trip with some oysters. I am very excited too say the least. I have little to say about work right now; I took a few days off the past two weeks because I've had visitors. But, they have put me on a new project that I am really excited about because they are in the very early stages, so I can see the process from start to finish (hopefully). There seems to be a common theme with the rich people in Aspen demolishing their houses right now to build a new one complimented with some beautiful landscaping. So far, I have worked on three projects like this. It must be nice to have $money$. A week ago, DesignWorkshop had a meeting with the interns and asked us if we felt like we were learning a lot and improving on, which made me love working for them even more. We asked if we could have some more hands-on opportunities. So hopefully this summer we can go out to construction sites and see a project being built first hand. I am trying to learn sketchup on my own time, it seems to be a very popular program at DW and I feel like they have asked me three times if I know how to make a model. 

Now that it is officially April, all of the snow has melted by me and the grass is turning green!! It only took about 1.5 weeks for the grass to grow back and it just amazes me how resilient nature is. I keep checking the trees to see when they might start getting their leaves back. The weather is beautiful right now, it's not cold, and it's not hot but the best part is that it's definitely not humid. I went for a bike ride for Easter and had a blast; I saw horses, chipmunks, and deer everywhere. I also saw bear tracks around my house the other day and that was a little intimidating.

Here are some pics :))))



Took Tsuki on a bike ride on Easter, she's in the book bag haha


upside-down picture of riverside girls





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Justin Malcore | Reich Associates | 04

Austin Carbo - Design Workshop - Blog #7

Kaylin Wilson’s Viewport - First Week