Chad Wilkins #4

 I've been busy the past couple of weeks working on CDs for Water Wise Gulf South which is a non-profit that Dana started to help manage stormwater in marginalized communities. They recently held a competition where groups could enter their own designs and the winners would receive $5,000 to get their projects completed. After the winners for each neighborhood were selected and site visits were conducted I've been working to get all verifying all the plans in CAD. Getting them dimensioned and getting all the details to spec and everything labeled. Outside of that, I've been working in Excel putting together opinions of probable cost for each of the jobs. Actually, that's pretty much all that I do on most days CAD and Excel. I did make this isometric detail, that's the most creative thing I've done in a long time. 


Last Friday we had a volunteer day at City Park in New Orleans to clean up the stormwater parking island that DBA designed. We trimmed up a bunch of plants and cleaned up some sediment around the curb. It was the first time I had met several of the people I've been working with for the past 5 months. Afterwards, I joined a few people at Blue Oak BBQ for a drink and some food. It was the first time I had been out to eat since October. DBA is planning on going back to the office at the start of May, everyone will be fully vaccinated then. I got my first shot a few weeks ago and get my second one in two weeks. Scheduling classes tomorrow for the penultimate time. We're getting very close to being done.👀


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Justin Malcore | Reich Associates | 04

Austin Carbo - Design Workshop - Blog #7

Kaylin Wilson’s Viewport - First Week