Cana Boudreaux/Design Workshop/4

 Hey everyone,


    More people are coming back to the office now physically and it's great to see new faces at the workstations. It was a relief to finally see new people in-person instead of seeing them on zoom meetings and I appreciated that. I was able to see and meet with Jim, who is another principal in our office that was primarily working remotely. We both exchanged introductions and had conversations about the projects I was working on and how I felt about Denver.

    What I've been up to lately is drawing sketches for Firestone Central Park. We're now in the most exciting phase of this project as now we can rearrange amenities and trails now. After getting feedback on which programming diagram was favorable, I started sketching out ideas. Who knew that a park could include so many ball fields in one area. In fact, most parks in Colorado that I have studied so far had a cluster of ball fields in a single area with trails integrated, which I didn't think at first, was normal. Also, many of the recreational centers here are very elaborate with adequate parking lot sizes. This is what I was also studying since our site is to include a recreational center in the middle. 

    Alamo Square Park has been on hold for a good minute now, but during this time, I drew some paving historic timeline precedents with rough notes that describe how the content of the timeline can be oriented on the ground. This timeline will serve as a visual element on the plaza ground in the southern area of the park, where most people will be.

I'll keep updating as the projects advance, thanks for reading and I hope all is well.

Best, 

Cana

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Justin Malcore | Reich Associates | 04

Austin Carbo - Design Workshop - Blog #7

Kaylin Wilson’s Viewport - First Week