04.01.2021-JB-#5-EDSA

 Hey guys, this is Jacob. The last two weeks have been quite interesting. Last Friday my principal offered me to go down to Fort Lauderdale for two weeks to meet the rest of the team, and everyone else at EDSA. So on Sunday I packed my bags and took the three-hour drive south to here. EDSA has a guest house so this is where I'll be for my stay. It's quite convenient for the office since people are down here so often traveling from other offices. 

I have been to LA before and the Fort Lauderdale and Miami areas are quite the same as LA. The first thing I noticed was how all the buildings looked frozen in time from the '70s-'80s. It's pretty cool to see all the things on tv in real life. I watched shows like CSI Miami and monk when I was young and all of the Miami rich boat stereotype is just like it is in the movies here. Also if you've seen shows like Birdcage, All about the Benjamins, and Miami Vice it's like a live movie set 24/7. It's also super common to see crazy exotic cars and boats rolling around the streets and canals. Apparently, a lot of the Miami heat players live in the islands right next to the office, so we hear their fair share of cars all day passing by. .... just keeps making me reconsider what I am doing with my life ... ha just kidding. 

Anyways, work is slammed now that I'm plugged into most of the team's projects. One project that I've started and gotten to a completed concept level is a recreation Hub thing in Tyndall Air Force Base. A lot of the infrastructure was wiped out in 2018 due to Hurricane Michael. So it's been interesting working with the department of defense as a client. It'll be nice for their families to have a place to take their kids when it's completed. We have been pushing out concepts also for a very old hotel in Historic St. Pete Florida. (Tampa area) that will be awesome when it's fully reno'ed. 

The Themed design has still been quiet. Mostly since I haven't been in the Orlando office and Universal is taking their grand ol time to get this new park back to production. Did anyone see Disneyland is adding a third park?! They have only had two for quite some time. It'll be interesting what they will turn out for that project since the area is so dence. 

Till next time, enjoy the Photos. 

The traffic on the A1A

The Dog Treat corner at the edge of the EDSA Property. All the dogs come hang here around 6pm

The guest house. The building to the left is the office.

This was on the way there. Florida's rest stops are like mini-malls. The mouse follows you everywhere in FL. (Hidden Mickey)

My view from my desk in Ft. Lauderdale 

A nice sunset from Miami Beach

My "walk" to the office. 

The guest house pool! 

My setup at FTL. I kinda like it more than my Orlando setup because Wacom and location in the office

This is Half of the SECAR (Southeast Caribbean) Team Location, the other half is behind me. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Justin Malcore | Reich Associates | 04

Austin Carbo - Design Workshop - Blog #7

Kaylin Wilson’s Viewport - First Week