Justin Malcore | Reich Associates | Blog 1

Hey guys! I'm working at Reich Associates here in BR. It's a pretty laid-back office, with a mixture of working in-office and at home. Including me, there are 6 people at Reich. A few weeks ago we started taking Fridays as half-days and adding an extra hour to the other days of the week, and we also do breakfast on Friday mornings, rotating who brings it.

Since I've been here for a little while, I'm starting to see a few projects that I worked on concepts for start getting built (mostly residential projects). I'm also starting to work on concepts for some of the larger commercial projects lately, including some assisted living facilities and schools.

I'm trying to go on site visits when I can to take some pictures, especially of the Water Campus park, because that fountain is insanely nice.

Ya'll know I'm into computers and stuff, so maybe it's not super surprising that I found myself as the go-to IT guy. So far I've set up the conference room with a wireless display adapter to make presentations easy, swapped out some noisy case fans, and today I helped Bill log in to his iCloud so he can get his site photos.


I'll add the programs I've been using too:

  • Autocad
  • Photoshop
  • InDesign
  • Sketchup
  • Lumion
  • Premiere Pro
  • MS Teams
  • lots of Spotify




Heading up to the roof to try to get some GoPro footage of construction at the Water Campus

Roof didn't work out so well, so we used the third floor


From before the weather got too cold, as part of a project around the capitol, we had to mark where the missing and blighted boxwoods are in the gardens, and note every planting that was different from the original plans from the 1930s



Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Justin Malcore | Reich Associates | 04

Austin Carbo - Design Workshop - Blog #7

Kaylin Wilson’s Viewport - First Week