Justin Malcore | Reich Associates | 02

Hey people! The past week was pretty wild with the winter storm. The office lost power on the first day, and then had network issues for a few days after. Since roads were dangerous, we got a few days off. My car was frozen shut anyway, so I couldn't leave if I wanted to!

Ligularia really doesn't like the cold.
One of the magnolias at the office also lost a big chunk.


For a few weeks, I've been working on an assisted living facility up in Baltimore, for a company we've done work for in the past. The site has a huge 18' retaining wall that we're designing to make more interesting. We haven't started looking at plantings yet, but I'm excited to see what plants different from here we can use there.


I'm also looking at drawing a few concepts for a pro bono project at a park up in North Baton Rouge called Gus Young Park. It used to have a pool, which got filled in because BREC doesn't like dealing with pools. I'm still gathering info on what amenities exist at nearby parks so I can try to fill the gaps, but we're hoping to provide something that the client can use to secure some funding and gather some support to make improvements down the line.


Option bringing back the pool

Option replacing the pool with extra
outdoor basketball courts

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Justin Malcore | Reich Associates | 04

Austin Carbo - Design Workshop - Blog #7

Kaylin Wilson’s Viewport - First Week