Internship Blog Post #1 | Keeley McCutcheon | Page Duke Landscape Architects

Hey y'all! I hope everyone is doing well and enjoying their internships! I'm writing from Music City itself, Nashville, Tennessee. I'm having a great time being back in my home state and trying to experience all that the city has to offer. I'm living and working in the Music Row area of Downtown Nashville where I get the pleasure of walking past record label offices and recording studios on my commute to work, which is pretty awesome! I'm just waiting for the day I see a country music star walking out of one of the buildings!

I am currently interning at Page Duke Landscape Architects. It's a pretty small office with 8 full time employees (2 LSU Alums!) and 2 interns, including myself. Most of the firms work is high end residential, but they have also worked on a variety of other projects. All of the firms work is heavily influenced by historical styles and ideas and and if you know me, you know I love history! I've been able to try my hand at a number of different things around the office including: cad drawings and details, photoshop renderings, hand renderings, hand drafting, and laying out booklets in indesign. I have also had the opportunity to sit in on client meetings and will hopefully be taking my first site visit soon and learning how to use the drone now that all the crazy winter weather is behind us!

Several weeks into my internship and I already feel like I have grown so much, and cannot wait to see how much more I'll be able to learn and absorb by the summer. I'm excited to share with y'all all the new tips and tricks I'm learning when we all reunite in the fall! I hope everyone is staying safe and enjoying their internships!

- Keeley 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Justin Malcore | Reich Associates | 04

Austin Carbo - Design Workshop - Blog #7

Kaylin Wilson’s Viewport - First Week