Hello! Ashton - post #1

Hi everyone :) 

I am going to be spending the next couple of months interning at Design Workshop in Aspen. I arrived here in early January and I am living on this ladies' ranch in Old Snowmass, which is about 20 minutes from Aspen. It's very cute and secluded out here. Her ranch is surrounded by mountains on all sides and the view is out of this world. I am very much enjoying the mountain life, but I miss being 5 minutes away from the nearest grocery store. Every morning when I wake up I talk a walk around the ranch to find new footprints and see which animals have been walking by. So far I have found plenty of rabbit, deer, and elk prints. My family came and visited me not too long ago and they took me skiing for the first time, I cried. Skiing is very scary, especially if your someone who hates falling to your death. But I got the hang of it eventually and I am determined to be a pro skier by the time I leave. 

I have been going to the office on and off. I really enjoy working at Design Workshop, I feel like I have already learned so many new things. Most of the projects I have worked on have been high end residential. So high end that I can't even learn the names of two of the clients! All the interns at DW are currently working together on a project in Denver, it's kind of like a giant 'design week' that will be a month long instead of a week long. 

I hope everyone is enjoying their internship and getting exceptional experience!! Ya'll rock.
My view from my front door

Walking to my garage

Built our first snow man (this was very difficult)

Roaring Fork River

The ranch after a large snowstorm

Comments

  1. Ashton!!! That snow and quality pic is stunning. Cant wait to see you.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Justin Malcore | Reich Associates | 04

Austin Carbo - Design Workshop - Blog #7

Kaylin Wilson’s Viewport - First Week