Chad Wilkins - DBA - Happy Mardi Gras-ish #2

We got off a few days for Mardi Gras this week even though there was no Mardi Gras. I've had some extra help in my office this week since the schools were closed down here this week for the holiday. Which basically means I didn't get much work done this week. 

Been spending most of my time working on the Community Adaptation Program which is the program through the New Orleans Redevelopment Authority for homeowners to make improvements to their properties to help alleviate flooding, all of the interventions are green infrastructure. 

One thing that we do as a part of the program is to provide the homeowner with a maintenance manual to help them understand what they need to do to take care of the new stuff. As part of the agreement, they have to maintain the property for five years so this helps them to understand what to do and not have to pay back any of the money they received. In the manual, there is a page that explains how much water is now captured on-site and to help the homeowner understand we reference how much water is captured in the number of bathtubs of water which they always seem to enjoy.


So I haven't been doing anything that is really too exciting, but I'm enjoying work and really enjoying the independence of the office. I'm not sure if it's due to the working from home or that's just the way the office is, but the oversight is very minimal. I can tell I'm getting quicker and doing stuff especially on CAD, so that's nice. Here's a recent plan for a homeowner that I did, I'm waiting to get their feedback to see if they want any changes. As I said nothing exciting, but it should help solve the homeowner's standing water issues so that part is exciting. 









Comments

  1. Hey, can you post your name here as well as in future post titles? I'm keeping track of internship experiences and need to be able to differentiate between posts. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Justin Malcore | Reich Associates | 04

Austin Carbo - Design Workshop - Blog #7

Kaylin Wilson’s Viewport - First Week