Denise Martinez - Internship First Post

Hi guys! I'm working at TBG Partners in Austin, TX  (Jacob's sister works here).  Everybody here is working remotely and probably will continue until March. Since I started working (Jan 11th) I've only been in the office once, unfortunately I didn't take any pictures but next time I will so can  see it, it is very nice! The first two or three weeks I was loaded  with a bunch of online meetings (orientation staff) which I've been learning a lot about how TBG works. The office hours are from 8:30 am to 6:30pm Monday to Thursday and Fridays 8:30am to 3:00pm.  We communicate using MS Teams, Ring Central, and The Roux (this is a TBG's website like employee's social media site). 

The Austin office is separated ny three teams and each team is in charge of different projects, the team I'm working with at the moment is called "The Porcupettes" (not sure what that means but sounds funny to say it). So far I've been working in three projects which all of them are. commercial and some of the programs I've been working on are: InDesign,  Photoshop, SketchUp, and AutoCAD; they use Revit also (I want to learn more about it).

Two weeks ago I went to a project site visit, I'm going to show some pictures below so you can see it!


This project is named "Parmer Village" is located in Austin.



This is Todd, he was showing the non-woven geotextile and how it works for concrete structures.



Todd showed me some of the materials mockups and how they approve the colors and  layout of all the materials before hand.  


This is how the project will look at the end of summer, hopefully I get to see the end result!


Also, last weekend I visited the Seaholm Power Plant which is located in downtown of Austin. Elliott Doerle (managing principal at TBG) recommended me to visit it and told me that TBG worked on this project about 10 years ago. It is really nice and it has a great view to the river!


Hope everybody is enjoying their internship! I really enjoy reading your posts and watching your IG stories :)






Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Justin Malcore | Reich Associates | 04

Austin Carbo - Design Workshop - Blog #7

Kaylin Wilson’s Viewport - First Week