Elizabeth Volden - 03 February 2021

Hi friends! I hope that you are all doing well! I am writing to you all from Sandwich (yes, Sandwich), Massachusetts. I’m really enjoying the Cape Cod life so far, although, if I admit it, I am always a little bit cold.

I spend my weekdays working at Bernice Wahler Landscapes. It is a small firm that focuses on high-end residential design. That being said, I think one of my favorite parts of the internship so far has been going on site visits. Whether I’m hiking through the woods, stumbling around on a construction site, or finding myself on a beach, I am definitely enjoying my time out and about. When in the office, I am usually joined by three other people and the sweetest black lab, Suey. I’ve really enjoyed the small office environment and getting to closely collaborate with my coworkers. Everyone at BWL is very kind, and I have already learned a lot. I haven’t been taking many pictures at work, but I will try to start soon.

In my free time, I have enjoyed visiting some neat places that my boss, Bernice, pointed out to me. Right now, I am living in her detached guest house; she has been more than welcoming. Bernice has shown me around town, and every now and then, she’ll drop off some fresh baked goods. We are located a very short away walk from the beach. I think this has to be my favorite weekend activities so far. I’m looking forward to making the drive up to Provincetown soon. It is located at the very tip of the Cape. I’ve been dying to do this since my arrival, but the weather has just not been right. I have also heard that the skiing in Vermont is fun, but I’m not sure if that is really my speed. Other than exploring the area, I have spent my time bundled up inside enjoying the peaceful atmosphere that Cape Cod offers. I can’t wait to see how the town changes throughout the seasons, and I hope to keep you updated.

I also wanted to let you all know that I am in the process of opening up a P.O. Box. I would love to write to you! If you have a mailing address and would like to chat via snail mail, just message me. 

I wish you all the best, and am so excited to see what you are up to! 


Here is a VERY irrelevant picture that I took on my drive up to Massachusetts. It's just so odd, but I love it.


This is what the office looks like. I sit in the chair on the left with the cardigan draped over it. 


Look how cute the beach is! As someone who loves picking up rocks, this is definitely the place for me. 


I have not found any sea turtles, but I guess this is a good thing though!


I love how calm it is here. I hope that this picture does the area justice.


I wanted to include a map of Cape Cod. I definitely did not make this, although I wish I did. On it you can see Sandwich, Plymouth, Provincetown, and some other neat places.

Comments

  1. Awesome, Ellie! I can't wait to hear about your time in Provincetown. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to write snail mail with you! So happy to hear that you're having a fun time.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Justin Malcore | Reich Associates | 04

Austin Carbo - Design Workshop - Blog #7

Kaylin Wilson’s Viewport - First Week