Austin Carbo - Design Workshop - Blog 2

Hey everyone! Crazy to think I'm already in week 6 of my internship at Design Workshop. Is time flying by for anyone else? 

Work: Work has kept me busy busy busy! I am still working on the same three projects since the last time I posted (2 Residential Properties + Intern Project). As mentioned in my previous post, I went on a site visit to Denver with Cana and Ashton. It was great to see a little bit of Denver as well as to catch up with Cana and check out the Denver office! It was an extremely long day for Ashton and I. We left Aspen at 7:30 am and I didn't get back to my apartment until 9 pm. We had a great day in Denver but an interesting journey back home. I soon realized I should've checked the weather a bit more thoroughly for the evening. Rookie mistake. Unfortunately, Ashton and I got caught in the middle of a snow storm on our way back. Took us 6 hours to get home. I had never been so nervous driving in my life. The roads basically turned from lanes into all white and the snow was so heavy you could hardly see anything. Was so relieved when we finally made it back. Aspen had recorded 3' of snowfall the following morning! Although the storm caused Ashton and I so much anxiety on the way home, it was absolutely beautiful in the morning! Everything, I mean everything, was covered in snow. 

Anyways, back to work talk. I've been working on lots of details, permit research, material research, collecting material samples, putting together SD and DD sheet sets, meetings with consultants, and putting together inventory for the Lowell Ponds project in Denver. The Aspen residential project has been my priority as it is on a tight and fast paced schedule. Can be a bit stressful, but it's nice that I will be able to see the project almost finished before I leave if all goes as planned. The past two weeks have been very AutoCAD heavy, but it is making me learn a lot about details and more about the technical sides of things.

I realize I forgot to talk about programs I use in the last post. 

Programs that I primarily use:
AutoCAD
Illustrator 
Photoshop
InDesign
One Note
Jabber (Instant Messenger to communicate with DW Employees)

Other often used programs in the office:
Rhino
SketchUp
Lumion
ArcGIS

Leisure:
Not much has changed for this, but I made great progress with skiing this past weekend! Was a weekend with no falls, which is a great weekend if you ask me. I finally moved on from the green slopes to the blue. Those who don't know, the slopes are categorized from Bunny Slopes to Green to Blue to Black Diamond to Double Black Diamond. Hoping Emily and I are shredding those black diamonds by the end of the season!

Side Note: 
Is anyone else missing Louisiana Food? I'm missing it a lot. Fortunately my dad sent us a king cake, and the second one is on its way now! Got my king cake fix. Too bad he won't be able to do the same for crawfish. 

As always, wishing you all the best of luck! Miss you all.

-Austin














Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Justin Malcore | Reich Associates | 04

Austin Carbo - Design Workshop - Blog #7

Kaylin Wilson’s Viewport - First Week