Alyssa Catanese/Makaira- 1st Blog Entry

    Hey guys! I'm currently working here in Baton Rouge at Makaira Landscape. I've already been working there for two months (wow! time flies) and it's a very laid back and comfortable work place. I go into the office every week day and have occasionally used Google Remote Desktop at home. Everyone there is really nice and loves to joke around while we work. We also listen to music through the SONOS speakers and my boss loves to dance and be goofy, it reminds me of studio in a way. I don't know if y'all remember Haley's friend, Rebecca (from Cadence) that spoke to our class last year, but that is my boss's sister! It's really crazy how wide the landscape architecture community is and I've realized that making connections is important. 

    Makaira is a design/build firm that designs high-end residential pools and landscape. I've been learning more than I ever imagined about water features, prices/costs of materials, and pool design. My favorite part of the job is rendering plans and putting together precedent images for our clients. Every time I have gone to measure houses and hardscape dimensions, it was freezing cold or really wet, so those haven't been too enjoyable. 

    I miss everyone so much and am so happy to see everyone excelling and experiencing such different things! Can't wait to see what more we can do in the future :) 

Here are the programs I've been using: 

  • AutoCAD (all day everyday...)
  • Photoshop
  • InDesign
  • NearMap (so much better than Google maps)

    -Alyssa 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Justin Malcore | Reich Associates | 04

Austin Carbo - Design Workshop - Blog #7

Kaylin Wilson’s Viewport - First Week