Austin Schroeder - 4.27.20

Hey guys,

I've just about had with this rona nonsense. Being something of a natural hermit, the first couple of weeks at home were actually pretty great, but I'm ready to see the world again. My hours were reduced by half in early April, and since then work has been very slow. One project that Carbo is still actively working on, is a design for the area around the Indian Mounds at LSU. They had a stakeholder meeting a couple of months ago with some Native Americans to see how they felt about them, and it was kind of surprising. If it were completely up to them, they would put a big wall/fence around both of them, with no educational signs. They would prefer they be left alone without maintenance, and let nature take it's course. What would you guys do if you were designing it?

Lucky for me, I got a chance to go camping this weekend at my uncle's place in Mississippi, and I didn't realize how badly I needed that. Sitting around a fire with REAL PEOPLE, and breathing FRESH AIR (not that dry aged, stagnant air in my apartment), was the best medicine you could imagine.


Comments

  1. Thats awesome you got to go camping! I just ordered an air mattress design specifically to fit in the back of my jeep. Slowly building up the inventory to go camping in the next weeks.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Justin Malcore | Reich Associates | 04

Austin Carbo - Design Workshop - Blog #7

Kaylin Wilson’s Viewport - First Week