Sheridan Mueller 3/8/2020

Hey everybody,

Happy Sunday to all!!

I am pretty much still working on the same couple of projects that I was two weeks ago at Design Workshop. Actually, some of the projects were at a standstill so I had a light two weeks. Because I was light, I am now helping out with Max's Aspen "plant book" that he has been putting together since he started working out here awhile ago. If any of y'all went to his presentation in the fall I believe he spoke a little bit about it. It's basically Fryling's database project in InDesign format. I am helping reformat the spreads and going through Design Workshop projects to try and find pictures of the plants being used in their residential designs. We are going to present it to the rest of the firm in May..... Have y'all done any presenting so far?

Originally, my internship was going to end the first week of June. Last week I was offered a summer internship, with Design Workshop, in their Denver office. So I will be working through the summer now! I asked to be transferred to Denver so I could get the experience of working in two types of environments. I'm really stoked to spend the summer in CO!

One of my favorites from the plant book - Rocky Mountain Columbine

Speaking of Denver... last weekend I went to Denver to visit my brother and some of my friends from high school. Denver is a really cool city with lots of stuff to do. I had a really fun weekend!! I even saw Conner! I went out/stayed in Lower Downtown which I am informed the locals call LoDo. Back here in the valley I have been continuing the knitting - scarf #2 is on the way - and generally chilling during the work week. One night after work a couple of friends and I went to Penny Hot Springs in Carbondale, CO. It is an extremely natural hot spring area, you just roll up, hike down to the river and hop in the hot spring! We went when it was dark but you could still see because the moon and the stars are really bright. I definitely want to go back during the day because the scenery is so pretty!! Carbondale also has an event called First Fridays where all the art galleries, bars, and restaurants stay open late and have deals on the first Friday of every month. I went and had some of the best Mexican food ever. Carbondale is another small mountain town, but the food was A+. What are y'alls
favorite things to do outside of work? Have you been trying new things because you're in new city? Sometimes I'm too tired to even do errands after work, so I wanna know what y'alls experience is. 

 My brother being ridiculous per usual
(Also the only photo I took in Denver R.I.P)

 Penny Hot Springs in the Summer!! Legit just some rocks

Dank Mexican food

Just thought I would add - I found this artist that makes rugs that look like layered moss/grass. She makes them all by hand and it takes hours of hard work. But I think they look sick. truly one of a kind works of art!!!



Comments

  1. i LOVE those carpets! Riley and I found this restaurant that makes donut everything... They have garlic butter donuts that sound like it shouldn't work but its actually delicious AF. We ordered a caprese donut and it was heavenly. I have been walking outside more since I actually have time to live my life!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your brother has some pretty cool shades there.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Justin Malcore | Reich Associates | 04

Austin Carbo - Design Workshop - Blog #7

Kaylin Wilson’s Viewport - First Week