March 23, 2020 - Emily

I am sad to say that last week I got laid off from my internship "because of the coronavirus". They said depending on when this ends they might hire me back for the summer but I highly doubt that will happen. Im trying not to be negative about this but I am just sad that my internship experience was not what I hoped it would be and it got cut short. Riley also got laid off so we are going to have to scrape by these next couple of months.

On the bright side now I get to hang out with Riley and Bubbles all day. We bought a frisbee set and are gonna go practice on the disc golf course in Zilker Park if it ever stops raining. I am also going to use this spare time to draw, read, crochet and exercise. Riley and I are also cooking together more which is fun. Tonight's dinner includes pan seared duck breast and smashed fingerling potatoes cooked in duck fat and fresh herbs and a side of fondat squash.

I hope everyone else has a better experience.
-Emily

Comments

  1. Emily,

    I'm so sorry to hear that. I think you went through what everyone else here is most worried about. So far Charlie and I are still working, but anything could change given the rapidly changing circumstances. If you need anything, or anyone to talk to about all of this, you can text me.

    If this ended up happening to me, I think I would tend to just sit around and do nothing all day, so its good to hear you and Riley are keeping busy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry to hear that Emily, have you talked to Mark and Max about it yet?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Justin Malcore | Reich Associates | 04

Austin Carbo - Design Workshop - Blog #7

Kaylin Wilson’s Viewport - First Week