Kaylin Wilson - OJB First 2 Weeks of March

Hello! 

So I will update you guys on what’s been happening at OJB! Last week I worked on graphics for a project at Rice. I had to graphically represent the surrounding opportunities and constraints, inventory etc that the campus police should be aware of. For example, restaurants, entry points on the campus, bars, parks etc. Basically where a lot of the activity will be. I’ve worked on VW bases for 2 different projects. Adding more of my ideas to the designs with tweaks here and there. Worked on more graphical representation for stripping options for roads. I was told “the sky is the limit” so that was awesome. It’s for American Airlines so I wanted to include creative options that helps with directionally for pedestrians and carts   Etc. The crosswalk relates to the side of the airplane! Stuff like that.. that was fun for me. 
https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1UHKFh9u4qZ_kdRkWGbj86HGfI7iouTxhhttps://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1wOCK4JjNFRx2nxwsmZPxa1-WfRFTNsOA
This option is representative of an actual runway for the airplane! I wanted to include lights all along the roads like actual runways but that idea was tossed because it’s a lot of work with electric. 

I also sat in a meeting for a project OJB is constructing in Jamaica! The meeting had all of the consultants and they were going over details that needed fine tuning. It was actually super cool that the collaborative process was in our Houston office. There is this MASSIVE water feature that is going to cost a good chunk of money. I want to say she said the project is worth 90 million? The water feature alone is going to cost up to a quarter of the final price I guarantee. I went to this ceremony where OJB was awarded for being great designers! It was very highkey. I had to mingle with a lot of people but it was open bar so that was nice! There were a lot of people there. 

I’ve also worked in lumion for a rooftop garden at a hospital. We have a meeting about that later today. 
https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1ihXAVKk3SeeLSXSqlh0xlqBFsYE8Otvy

A lot of meetings via remote. And I worked on a construction set for another project. Fixing redlines with land fx. That was kind of stressful for me honestly but it worked out and I got everything done! 

Next week I’m presenting my ideas for this garden to my boss before we submit it in. I’ve created a lot of renderings for it. Worked in vector works and already created the presentation. I have 4 different options. I’m really proud of it. The hardest part is the plant design honestly. Charles FRYLING would be disappointed lol. I love my coworkers. They’re so sweet. I hold my little cubicle and yes that’s all my updates. My family came into town last weekend to chill with me and I got two tattoos back to back. Happy Friday 13th! I’ll probably get another today lol. How will you guys spend your Friday 13th/ weekend since St Patrick’s day parades are cancelled for the weekend! Also. Post Malone was at my nail shop the night I was going to go in??? And my mom kept telling me to go get my nails done and I was like “noooo” but yeah. Could have met it him but my stubbornness took hold. I really just didn’t want to pay for it but like WHY WAS POST MALONE AT MY NAIL SHOP? Getting his nails done I guess? 

https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1Zjbq3k0_ob5d_0QqCshDn7aCAuP3OgJ3https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1Naax2aHGRjUBpQhAHREjN3Y8rYw1XRYEhttps://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1DtySfSV00I2vj52BwmZoMVq131bjPSq4

Once I found out they were already closed. 

Comments

  1. I really like the runway pathway! Seems like the electric issue would be simpler if the lights were powered independently w/ solar??

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Justin Malcore | Reich Associates | 04

Austin Carbo - Design Workshop - Blog #7

Kaylin Wilson’s Viewport - First Week