Emily Poulter - March 9, 2020

I dont know about yall but i feel like i wrote my last post yesterday... Time is flying by. Friday afternoon Riley and I are headed to BR and my coworker Victoria is riding with us. She graduated from LSU in 2018.

I have been up to the same things. Work, gym, cook, read, sleep. I haven't mentioned yet that Riley and I have been watching all of the Marvel movies in the recommended order. Doing this really makes you see how well written they all are because they hint at things that happened in the last movie or will happen in the next movie. We are on doctor strange. We started watching it when we got home from the donut restaurant the other night but we both passed tfo on the couch and have to rewatch it. I highly recommend !!! If you dont have disney plus I might share mine with u. 

I walked to zilker park on Friday and that was pretty cool. It takes me 5 minutes to drive there and 30 minutes to walk! Yesterday I took a guided meditation class and that shit was crazy. Your mind and body are so relaxed and at peace that it feels like your sleeping but your actually conscious. They "wake you up" with a crystal singing bowl. Very rejuvenating.

Riley's car got hit and ran? hit and run? while he was at work and they left this pat of their car behind....... 

I was bored Saturday so I made blueberry muffins.

These next two photos are plants from my walk to Zilker.
Texas Mountain Laurel

Texas Bluebonnets that are blooming everywhere.

This is (half  of) the baby blanket I made for Rileys nephew, who's name is gonna be Ryder Joe. I dont think there could be a more Cajun name than that. 

At work I have been working on that package for the city that we took over for a different landscape architecture firm. We had a meeting Friday to go over final comments and are submitting it Tuesday. I am also still working on that amenity center pool and the park area surrounding it. We put together a cost estimate and a proposal that we gave to the client because they dont think the pool should go at the edge of the hill and look over the lake. Instead they want it by the entrance to the neighborhood (dumb). 

My coworker taught me some good tricks on autocad/ land fx and I have a plot style file that I can use when we go back to school!

I just bought a new pen for my laptop and a graphics book so I am gonna practice drawing graphics on Photoshop. 

The LSU trip to Paris was CANCELLED and im so sad about it :(((((((( I have to figure something else to do for it. Maybe Ill just sit by my pool and drink local beer all week??? 

Have yall figured out any other cool tricks on programs? Whats the best food you ate in the past two weeks? Are there any cool plants yall have used or seen? Are any of yalls offices worried about corona virus? We just had a meeting to make sure we all have remote access to our computers in case we have to go into quarantine.

PS: this is a caprese donut. The donut is garlic butter and dangerous.



-Emily


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Justin Malcore | Reich Associates | 04

Austin Carbo - Design Workshop - Blog #7

Kaylin Wilson’s Viewport - First Week