3-13-2020 Conner Trent

Hope everyone is safe in these "special times" as Haoming said,

Work was pretty slow today so my supervisor had me make research study models in SketchUp. Basically, these models are to serve as standard yield summaries for narrow lot single-family homes in Breckenridge, CO. I'm finding that the more I learn about community planning strategies and design it's starting to enhance/change how I look at space now. Not really much else to talk about but below are some quick videos of me working in Sketchup. I've also convinced the planning department to let me make more 3D models for our developments and it is helping the other designers and clients understand the space of the massive developments. If anyone is familiar with pangeaexpress on Instagram he posts videos like this (a lot better though lol) but he inspired me to start making more of these and share them. Gonna try and do screen recordings next. I hope yall enjoy!













Comments

  1. Nice. What's s standard yield summary?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For this on the "block" is 150' x 80' so its really to see how the lots would look like in space not just plan or section with the sidewalk, road and neighbors. So with the design we could take these yield blocks and place them around the development to get idea of the overall yield of housing for the project.

      Delete
  2. I could watch sketchup vids all day...give us some more next post!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Justin Malcore | Reich Associates | 04

Austin Carbo - Design Workshop - Blog #7

Kaylin Wilson’s Viewport - First Week