03-10-2020 Conner Trent Updated on 03-11-2020

Hey all! not a lot has changed with my projects, I'm currently working on a lumion rendering to show entrance fly-throughs of the development. Other than that I went to BR this past weekend for my girlfriends formal and to visit some buddies, It was a great time, definitely too short but I'm excited to be back in Colorado. That's all I have so far today, I'll probably have another post later this week with more work details. I do have some questions for yall ( can answer in my comments below or in the post) how is your firm handling the coronavirus? Have you stopped using public transit or facilities in the city? Been on the fence about not going to my gym every day to try and limit my chances of contracting the virus. we issued a few emails about working from home if there's an outbreak in boulder.

(Asked By Charlie) What are your gaps in your game? Have you filled any in?
 - at the start of the internship, I would say I had some gaps with InDesign mostly but that quickly got filled with practice from work.
-another gap would be just being used to working in an office and in general, most of my experience has been in the field.
-and shortcuts honestly, I feel like I've learned every shortcut in every program now haha.
- Since I had previous experience in lumion, my PM thought I should be the one to make the rendering a pitch it to one of the partners to show the capabilities of the program.
- I agree with you Charlie, I feel like I have experienced a little bit of everything so far and just keep learning more.
- the biggest thing I think I learned so far was the folder structure for projects, it helps so much having everything organized right. ( also snagged a copy of the new project folder setup to use for school.)
-haven't used any LandFX yet but from what I've read in yall's posts it seems like a cool program.
-DTJ also uses google earth pro for every project and will use it in some way for topo or surrounding edge conditions around the projects.
-speaking of gaps, just as a whole having to use a windows desktop instead of mac book has been a huge change.

I also have been saving extra Cad block imports (cars, trees, people, etc) that the firm provides, along with brushes and tree cutouts for Photoshop.

public space and pedestrian bridge views. 

entrance view for the lumion renderings 

 (Asked by Sheridan) What are yall's favorite things to do outside of work?
- Mostly just been hitting up the local breweries and pubs, the weather is finally starting to warm up.

 Have you been trying new things because you're in a new city?
- As far as new things, maybe not so new but feel different just being in a new city.

 Sometimes I'm too tired to even do errands after work, so I wanna know what yall's experience is. 
- A lot of days I just go home and relax and try to save money haha. The reality of living completely on my own has set in and everything is just expensive as hell in boulder.











Hope everyone is doing well,

Conner Trent

Comments

  1. basically the same. we had a meeting to make sure everyone has remote pc in case we get quarantined. thats pretty much it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good point about the Mac PC thing. Im pretty used to the PC now but Mac feels good for personal. You switching to the dark side?
    Also nice job on getting blocks- they will come in handy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm for sure staying with Mac just for convince, but having a two screen desktop has made me want to get two monitors and an iMac pro tower for studio or desk at home.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Justin Malcore | Reich Associates | 04

Austin Carbo - Design Workshop - Blog #7

Kaylin Wilson’s Viewport - First Week