Sheridan Mueller 2/23/2020

Hey everyone,

So, big news guys..... prepare yourselves.....the scarf I have been knitting.....is finally done!! What a  beauty am I right?? What a ride. I will be making another soon... maybe with a different type of yarn. I will keep y'all updated don't worry. I know y'all are on the edge of your seats.


The final product

Me trying on the scarf - I am open to critiques

Alright, now onto some other stuff. February is really flying by. Last weekend my mom came to visit me. We went shopping in Aspen, skied at Buttermilk, and had a really great lunch at a restaurant called the White House Tavern. Best chicken sandwich ever, highly recommend. Another fun thing I did was visit the Glenwood Springs Hot Springs with some of my coworkers! The water is from a natural hot spring and basically feels like a giant hot tub. The water has natural minerals that are supposed to be good for you or something? Not to sure on that one. However, my skin did feel really good afterward. The hot springs in Glenwood Springs are the most famous/established in the valley. I've heard of some other hot springs that have a more naturalistic vibe. I'm thinking of trying those out sometime soon. 


 The best chicken sandwich ever!!

Me posing on a really not steep slope! Still fun!

Glenwood Springs Hot Springs - taken from google, no way I was taking my phone in there

Work has been picking up a little bit over the past two weeks. I am currently working on three projects simultaneously. The new project I just recently got assigned to is a very simplistic project for the U.S. Forest Service. They are building a new office in Carbondale, CO. Design Workshop is not the project lead, but is working on the surrounding office landscape and parking situation. The project has already been through schematic design and design development. Its my job now to put together the entire construction document package!! Wish me luck y'all!! This construction document set/project is scheduled for stamping/submission around the end of May, so I will be working on this for the whole duration of my internship. I have deadlines on my calendar for 50%, 70%, and 90% reviews - sound familiar?? My project manager told me she thought this would be a great learning opportunity and that I could take this set with me when I leave Design Workshop and be able to say I put it together on my own. I think this will be good for me; construction documents have not been my strong suit so far in school.

Some small things that have happened at work -
1.  I learned how to make a surface in Civil 3D. Are any of y'all using Civil 3D? You can take contours and from the contours create a surface. Then when the surface is created, you can easily run a slope analysis, cut/fill analysis, and lots of other analysis types right in Civil 3D. Once you know how to make it, the whole process seriously takes five minutes. You can then put it into Rhino or create maps; it would save us a lot of time when doing site analysis/inventory. 

2. A guy from a company called Accoya came to the office to show us Acetylated Wood Products. They have a patented product/process and make decking, cladding, all that good stuff. They have this wood that they burn to create a really cool texture, apparently its an old Japanese technique. Anyway, it was like the coolest thing I have ever seen. 


This is the texture of the wood after it is burned

The "gator" wood applied as siding

That's all for now, this weekend I was having major Mardi Gras fomo. Did any of y'all celebrate? I'm so happy to hear from everyone - love y'all! :')








Comments

  1. I like the scarf. and I second that white house tavern is dank. Good luck CD's you'll be fine. That would be such a challenge for me to work on a single project part for so long. I like finishing things! Im' sure you'll be proud of yourself when you're done.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Justin Malcore | Reich Associates | 04

Austin Carbo - Design Workshop - Blog #7

Kaylin Wilson’s Viewport - First Week