Sheridan Mueller - 1/26/2020

Hi everyone!

I have just finished my first week working at Design Workshop in Aspen, CO. I have only been here since the 17th and have been spending most of my time exploring the area and moving into my studio apartment in Basalt, CO. Everyday I take the bus to work in downtown Aspen. The commute is around 30 minutes depending on traffic and the amount of snow on the road! However, it is much nicer than having to drive myself. Aspen and nearby communities such as Basalt, Carbondale, and Glenwood Springs are all within the Roaring Fork Valley and surrounded by mountains. The scenery is so beautiful!

The first thing I did when I moved here was go skiing - duh!! There are four mountains/areas in Aspen where you can ski and snowboard: Aspen Mountain, Aspen Highlands, Buttermilk, and Snowmass. This past weekend, the Winter X Games were held in Aspen which was really cool to see. People here are very outdoorsy and casual; I've been wearing snow boots everywhere - even to work.

The people at Design Workshop are very nice and friendly. I was pretty nervous on the first day but the feeling quickly passed. The project that I'm working on right now is confidential so I've been told not to tell anyone outside of the office any of the details. Mostly I have been working in Illustrator and InDesign to create info-graphics, diagrams, and site analysis maps. I am also working on another project where we are preparing for a public meeting in February. We are talking about a lot of similar concepts/strategies that we learned in Haley's class this past semester which is really helpful.

I'm really looking forward to the coming weeks. Its really fun getting out your comfort zone and trying new things/living in new places. I'm so happy we have this blog to keep in touch and hear about each other's cool experiences. I think we will all learn a lot!

My brother and I skiing at Snowmass
Mount Sopris - the unofficial symbol of the Roaring Fork Valley
The view from outside my apartment
The bus I take to and from work everyday during the week

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Justin Malcore | Reich Associates | 04

Austin Carbo - Design Workshop - Blog #7

Kaylin Wilson’s Viewport - First Week